ALVON JOHNSON HOLIDAY PARTY
Doors Open: 7:30 PM
GENERAL ADMISSION: $27.00
PREMIER SEATING + EARLY ENTRY @ 7 PM: $49.00
TICKET SALE DATES
GENERAL ADMISSION / PREMIER SEATING + EARLY ENTRY @ 7 PM Public Onsale: September 21, 2023 3:03 PM to December 26, 2023 8:45 PM
Alvon Johnson is one of the most versatile musicians, singers, and entertainers on the music scene today. Whether the music is Jazz, Blues, R&B or Pop, Alvon always has a unique and creative way to perform the song. His show stopping rendition of Leonard Cohen’s hit song ‘Hallelujah’, leaves tears in your eyes. Any song that he chooses to perform is always an experience.
• Former vocalist with the Rock and Roll Hall of fame group "The Coasters”
• Recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Empress Theatre
• Recipient of the Music Icon Award from the Black Music Association & Academy of America
• Recipient of the Best Male Blues Artist Award from the Black Music Association & Academy Of America
• Voted 2005 Blues Guitar Player of the Year
• Regional winner of the Guitar Centers "King of the Blues" national contest in 2006 and 2007
• His CD “The Blues Grew up" was nominated for Outstanding Blues Album of 2004.
• “The Blues Grew up" was also voted one of the top ten CD's in Japan in 2005.
• His incredible CD "Guitars and Cars”, was voted in the top ten CD’s of 2008 by the prestigious Blues magazine “Real Blues ”.
His early music influences were Guitar players such as Wes Montgomery, Andre Segovia, Charlie Christian, and of course Jimi Hendrix. His vocalist influences were Frank Sinatra, Joe Williams, Johnny Hartman, and Nat King Cole.
He has performed with many well-known artists, including The Drifters, The Coasters, The Shirelles, Bobby Day of Rocking’ Robin fame, and Jimmie Rodgers of Country and Western fame.
Alvon Johnson learned from many icons of the Blues, including John Lee Hooker, Pee Wee Crayton, Little Joe Blue, Harmonica Fats, Frankie Lee, Guitar Shorty, Lowell Folsom, and Buddy Ace.
Known for his comedic style, Alvon Johnson worked with many comedians such as Renaldo Rey, Robin Harris, Skillet and Leroy, and Lawanda Paige (Aunt Ester), from the Redd Foxx show
Having the opportunity to work with these outstanding comedians helped him to develop his own style of comedy which served him well as a vocalist with the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame group “The Coasters”