Please note you are reserving free group passes for the National Air and Space Museum Washington, DC location.
The National Air and Space Museum in Washington, DC is open every day except December 25 from 10:00 am to 5:30 pm. Free timed-entry passes are required to visit. Entry times for groups range from 10 am to 1 pm. Group reservation availability ranges two to three months in advance (schedule can be found at FAQ).
Ten is the minimum number of visitors for a group reservation and the maximum of 55 per email request. Up to two reservations of 55 per group can be submitted for one day.
If you have a group larger than 110, please contact NASM-VisitorServices@si.edu.
Please note the following guidelines while securing your timed-entry passes:
- Every person in a group, regardless of age and including chaperones, and personal care attendants, must be accounted for in the group pass.
- Passes are valid only for the issued date and time and void if altered.
- A group reservation is for timed-entry passes to enter the Museum. Group reservations do not include tours.
- See Planning Your Group’s Visit Planning Your Group's Visit for helpful information about visiting with a group.
- Chaperone to student ratio requirements:
- Pre-K through 3rd Grade: 1 adult for every 5 students
- 4th through 6th Grade: 1 adult for every 10 students
- 7th through 12th Grade: 1 adult for every 15 students
- Please note that chaperones are to be included in the total group count.
- Group must be together to enter. One lead person in the group must present the group’s timed-entry pass twice: at the beginning of the line queue and for scanning at the Independence Avenue, SW entrance doors.
- Groups of 50 or larger may be requested to break into subgroups of 12 participants.
- Accessible drop off will be along Independence Avenue SW. See additional information on accessibility here.
- If you have any questions, please reach out to us at NASM-VisitorServices@si.edu.
For additional information, see the Museum’s FAQ.